Jason and I are getting serious. So serious, that he met my son Jack last night. Jack approved of him! Yay!
Time to revisit the list of qualities that I want in a man, as listed in my book. How does Jason measure up?
- Good Communicator (one-on-one especially; similar but separate from no. 5). (ch. 1, 4, 11) He’s a very good communicator. We talk, we text, and he teaches. He creates multi-media art, too, so he communicates in more than one language.
- Intelligent (preferably college educated). (ch. 1, 9, 12) Check.
- Over 1 year since last major breakup (including, but not limited to, divorce) or >1 month since minor break up (relationships lasting <6 months). (ch. 2, 10, 11) Check, divorce was 1 year ago in August, so 1.5 years ago.
- Mentally healthy (read: no history of chronic depression, bipolar disorder, or any other mood/insane diagnosis). (ch. 2, 16) Well, I didn’t ask him this question yet. Maybe I can bring it up at dinner.
- Personable (charming but not a charmer; fun to be around; makes me laugh). (ch. 3, 4, 5, 10) Check! His Match profile made me laugh and I giggle every time we talk/text!
- Good with kids, but doesn’t want biological (more) children. (ch. 5) Check.
- Athletic (or at the very least in good shape). (ch. 6, 9, 12) Doublecheck! Mmm, biceps…
- Nonsmoker, no drugs. (ch. 6, 15) Check.
- Willing to live in or within 30 minutes drive of my house. (ch. 6) Not so much; he lives 40 minutes away. However, it’s only 5 minutes from the university.
- Truthful. (ch. 8) So far, so good!
- Handsome (I’m beautiful, I deserve an attractive man). (ch. 9, 12) Check.
- Financial well off and frugal (with in reason; willing to spend money to go out to eat occasionally and puts money in savings regularly). (ch. 9, 12) Unknown.
- My age ±5 years. (ch. 9) He’s 7 months and 5 days younger than me. I’m a cradle robber! Hee hee hee.
- Calls me every night, or at least every other night. (ch. 9) We’ve texted every single day.
- A guy who considers every day with me a special occasion. (ch. 12) He brought Nothing But Bundt Cake to my house last night. Did you know they have gluten free chocolate chip cakes?! Sooooo good.
- Chemistry. (ch. 13, 15) Check. Triple check!!!
- Never been to jail. (ch. 15) Hmmm, another thing I need to confirm. I assume that his record is mostly clean, since he’s a teacher. Is that a bad assumption?
- Employed. (ch. 16) Check!
That makes a total of 3 unknown, 1 no, and 14 yes. That’s 78%, which is a passing score. Whoo hoo! If he gets the 3 unknowns, his score may be as high as 94%!!
Movie night went well last night. So well, in fact, that he’s cooking me dinner tonight. I have a major crush on him and I’m looking forward to seeing him again. Shit, I have a goofy grin on my face. I have a feeling that it will get worse when I see him. Judging by the way he drug his feet when he left last night, I think that he likes my goofy face!